Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
Wondering what a steam shower can do for you? Not only are steam showers relaxing, they also bring with them many other health benefits, including: relieving pain, clearing up your skin, and improving circulation.
Check out this quick post to learn more about these benefits of a steam shower:
1. Pain Reliever – Physicians often recommend steam showers to their patients. Research proves that the use of heat therapy with complete body hypothermia could provide relief to people with:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
Source: Alternative Medicine
2. Clearer skin – People who take at least two steam showers a week find that it improves the clarity of their skin over time. Steam has the ability to unclog pores and remove deeply trapped congestion from under the surface of the skin. Here’s how it works: Steam causes increased perspiration, which can push trapped dirt, dead skin cells, and surface bacteria out from the upper dermal layers where it can then be washed away easily. The results of regular steam showers are seen in long-term clear skin that is free from blackheads, pimples, and congestion bumps. Source: Overstock
3. Improved Circulation – Exposure to steam causes vasodilatation, a widening of blood vessels. With more room in the blood vessels, blood flow increases, improving circulation. According to the Pub Med website, vasodilatation has a positive effect on blood pressure and is often initiated with drugs. Through the use of a steam shower, though, you can enjoy a safe, natural vasodilatating effect. Source: Live Strong
4. Relaxation – Over the centuries, steam therapy has been used to encourage relaxation and foster a sense of well being. Though feelings of serenity and peace are subjective-and therefore hard to measure in a clinical setting-it is well accepted throughout the disciplines that most individuals enjoying a steam bath for 10-15 minutes find themselves in a pleasant state of relaxation. With significant evidence linking stress and anxiety to hundreds of ailments and disorders, any method to reduce everyday stress should be welcomed with open arms. It is, perhaps, this anxiety-reducing effect of steam that is its greatest benefit. Source: Wasauna
Information compiled by: EagoParts.com
- How to Upgrade Your Shower Experience
- Q & A: How Do I Use My Steam Bath For The First Time
- 4 Types of Showerheads
- Buying A Steam Shower? Don’t Make These 3 Common Mistakes!
- 4 Shower Design Ideas
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Steam Shower
- Top 10 Steam Bath Benefits You May Not Have Considered
- 5 Tips on Maintaining Your Steam Shower
- In-Home Steam Baths
- Top 3 Reasons to Use a Steam Shower
- 3 Tips for Installing a Steam Shower
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- 3 Ways to Get a Steam Shower at Home
- How Much Does a Steam Shower Cost?
- Is it Worth Investing in a Steam Shower or Whirlpool Bath ?
- 4 Benefits of Steam Showers
- Is it healthy to take a Steam Bath Daily?
- Is an In-Home Steam Shower Expensive?
- How Do Steam Showers Affect the Body?
- The Best Temperature for Steam Showers
- Do Steam Showers and Saunas Burn Calories?
- Does a Steam Shower Help Bronchitis?
- Best Oils for Herbal Steam Showers
- How Does a Steam Bath Reduce Weight?
- Basic Safety of Using a Steam Shower
- Steam Showers – The reason why they are So Popular Nowadays
- The Amazing Features of Steam Shower Units
- Essential Considerations When Installing A Steam Shower
- Steam Showers -Histories Great Invention
- The Countless Wonderful Health Advantages of Steam Showers
- The Right Way to Install Steam Shower Units
- Buying Guide : Finding The Steam Shower That Is Right For You
- Questions and Answers about Steam Showers
- Benefits of Using Aromatherapy Essential Oils in Steam Showers
- Health Benefits of Using a Steam Shower
- 6 Health Benefits of Using a Steam Room or Steam Shower
- Top 10 Reasons to install a Steam Shower
- Custom Steam Shower or Modular FreeStanding Steam Shower Which is Better ?
- Popularity of Steam Showers Taking to the Sky
- Steam Showers to treat Colds and Flu
- Steam Shower Indulgence Pays Relaxation Dividends
- Do Steam Showers Improve your Skin ?
- Steam Saunas Vs Far Infrared Saunas – What’s the Difference?