Want to know how to get your mirror gleaming? Keeping mirrors sparklingly clean seems like a hassle, but it’s not that difficult to keep those surfaces shining. Here are 3 tips to consider in cleaning bathroom mirrors.
Use VINEGAR! First, thoroughly clean the mirror with your favorite product or homemade solution, and then wipe it dry. For an anti-fog treatment, dip a cloth in a mixture of one quart hot water and 2 tbsp. vinegar, and use it to wipe down the mirror. Then, let it air dry (versus drying it with a cloth). It should last a couple of weeks before you’ll need to do it again. Source: ApartmentTherapy
Using Shaving Creams
Shaving with a foggy mirror can lead to cuts, nicks, and death…Don’t die on your bathroom floor, naked and without dignity. Spread a thin layer of shaving cream on your mirror before showering. Afterwards, wipe it off with a paper towel. Your newly clean mirror will stay fog free for a few weeks…more if you hardly bathe. Source: HowToCleanThings
Avoiding the Damage
- Avoid using commercial cleaners with acid, alkali, or ammonia—they are too abrasive.
- Keep liquid away from the edges of your mirror. This can cause “black edge,” which damages the backing. If you do accidentally get liquid on these edges, wipe up immediately!
- Never spray cleaner/vinegar/water directly onto the mirror—this helps avoid “black edge.”
- If you have several wall-mounted mirrors next to each other, do not clean across their joints. Liquid can collect in these areas and cause damage. Instead clean each mirror separately.
- Don’t use newspaper with a soy-based ink. Source: HowToCleanStuff
For more cleaning tips please don’t hesitate to contact us!